On the season 1 finale of the Shoot To Grill Podcast we have our special guest Jesse James Dupree, lead singer of Jackyl and from the Full Throttle Saloon. Our host Jason Bailey talks to Jesse about being on the road with Jackyl, spooning with pro-wrestler Goldberg, and how he learned about the fire that burned down the Full Throttle Saloon. Today our grill master Sheed of Philips Barbeque Company demonstrates how to cook seared ahi tuna steaks and bourbon soy sauce on the Kamado Joe.
Meat provided by: Mobile Meat & Seafood
Seared Ahi Tuna Steaks and Bourbon Soy Sauce
- Ahi Tuna Steaks
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- American Prime Rub / (a course salt and pepper combination can work as well)
- Bourbon Soy Sauce
- Rub of your choice.
- Fire up smoker/ grill, or if using Cast Iron pan, heat until EVOO starts to smoke slightly.
- Drizzle EVOO onto Ahi Tuna, make sure to cover all sides.
- Coat Tuna with Rub mixture, nice thick coating so no tuna is showing.
- Set on to grill/ smoker/ cast iron pan.
- Sear Tuna for 90 seconds, then flip and sear opposite side for 90 seconds as well.
- Remove Tuna and let rest for 3 mins before slicing and serving.
- Any questions reach out to Sheed via Instagram: @Philipsbarbequeco