Today on Shoot To Grill we have the extremely funny comedian, Steve Byrne! While Jason talks with Steve about life as a comedian OFF the road right now, Chef Jimmy Bones will be cooking up some galbi! Also don’t forget to head to stgpoker.com and join Bailey for a hand of poker!
Galbi (Korean Barbequed Beef Short Ribs)
- 5 pounds whole beef short ribs
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup mirin (rice wine)
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely grated
- 1 small Asian pear, peeled and finely grated
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1. Preparation: Filet the beef short ribs thin and score in a checkered pattern.
- 2. For the marinade sprinkle brown sugar over beef and mix well to evenly coat. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes while preparing marinade. In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- 3. Transfer beef into a large sealable freezer bag (you may need 2). Add marinade, press out excess air from bags, and seal. Turn bag over several times to ensure beef is evenly coated. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
- 4. Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium-hot. Drain excess marinade off beef. Grill short ribs, turning once, to desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions, if desired. Serve whole pieces as a main course or cut into smaller pieces, using kitchen shears, for a starter or party nibble.
- Any questions reach out to Jimmy via Instagram: